There are mornings that when I look in the mirror even though I got a good nights’ sleep my eyes are telling a different story. If you have this same issue, I will provide you with some helpful hints to helpful eliminate those bags under your eyes.
By just changing or including a few simple steps in your daily routine can make a huge difference on the appearance of your eyes. I have followed these tips and the results have been tremendous.
Tips for eliminating bags under your eyes:
• Before retiring for the night, be sure to wash your face with soap and water or special makeup remover to eliminate your eye makeup. Leaving eye shadow and mascara on overnight may cause the eyes to water and can cause a case of morning-after puffiness.
• If you sleep on your side or stomach, try switching to your sleeping on your back. Adding an extra pillow under your head helps with gravity that is causing fluid to collect under your eyes and creating bags.
• Reduce the amount of salt in your diet. The area around your eyes is the prime candidate for water that is finding its way from other parts of your body that are low in sodium. Having a meal high with a high salt content will show the next morning under your eyes.
• Limit your alcohol consumption. An occasional glass of wine is fine but if you plan on tying one on be sure to drink water and apply a moisturizer before you go to bed. Alcohol can actually pull the water out of your skin and weaken the delicate area around your eyes leaving them with a sunken look.
• Those of you that are plagued with allergies, watery puffy eyes are common. Most over-the-counter medications that you take for your allergies may dry up the itchy running nose and can also dry up puffy eyes. This is not to say that you should use these products if you don’t have allergies to eliminate your puffy eyes.
• Smoking can dry and weaken the skin on your face. This includes your eyes which may appear to be droopy and wrinkled.
• When out in the sun protect your body from the sunlight, this includes your eyes. UV rays can make the skin around your eyes sag or wrinkle. Wearing sunglasses and hats and using a sunscreen protects your face from harmful rays.
• There are many eye creams on the market today that can help reduce puffy eyes. Try a few to see which one works best for you. However, don’t believe the myth of using hemorrhoid cream to alleviate the bags under your eyes it may actually irritate the skin around your eyes.
• Using a cold compress can ease eye puffiness. You can also use cucumber slices or cooled tea bags. The idea here is the low temperature does help with swollen eyes.
• Lastly, use a concealer if you have dark circles under your eyes. Select one that matches your skin tone and apply it by lightly patting it on, avoiding rubbing it in.
At Perfume Aromas, we carry a wide range of skin care products for all skin types. We also provide the best customer service for your online shopping experience. Visit our website today!