This guide is directed for oily or spot prone skin but can be modified for dry or combination-type skin.
1. The first step is to resist the temptation to touch your face. By simply touching your face with your hands you are transferring a myriad of bacteria to it. Dirt will get trapped in the pores which can then lead to an outbreak of unattractive pimples. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water and dry with a face towel. If you use oil-resistant paper only use it once, otherwise, you are transferring the oil and dirt back to your face.
2. Buy skin care products after you determine your skin. This is extremely important so that you don’t buy products that are ineffective or may worsen the condition. Keep in mind if you have any specific issues, such as acne.
- Normal skin is smooth and firm to the touch with small to medium sized pores. It doesn't get too dry or too oily, and it only has the occasional blemish.
- Dry skin feels very tight and flaky in areas. It can look rough and bumpy and rarely gets oily.
- Oily skin is visibly shiny and actually feels slightly wet to the touch. Large pores that are noticeable and prone to blemishes are a common trait of oily skin.
- Combination skin has oily areas around the nose, chin and forehead. Dry areas can be found on the cheeks while the rest of the face is normal.
- Sensitive skin has reactions to cosmetics, becomes irritated when the weather changes, and burn very easily. Products need to be thoroughly tested before applying.
4. Arm yourself with the essentials for your skin type. Cleanser, toner, moisturizer, exfoliate, cotton pads, and a face mask. Opt for gentle or sensitive cleansing products that will remove excess oil and promote healthy, clean skin without the use of harsh chemicals.
5. Cleanse, tone and moisturize twice a day. Once in the morning before putting on makeup and then again at night before going to bed.
6. After cleansing your face, apply a toner with a cotton pad to restore your skin’s natural pH levels. This makes your skin more resistant against bacteria and micro-organisms.
7. After cleansing and toning, apply a moisturizer. Don’t avoid this step even if you have oily skin.
8. Exfoliating face wash should be used once or twice a week in place of your daily cleanser. Exfoliator is essential as it removes dead skin cells which can leave your complexion looking dull and can clog pores.
9. Apply a face mask on a regular basis. Peel-off masks are best for blemished skin, whereas rich, moisturizing masks are best for dry skin. This is a great time to pamper yourself.
10. Stick to your routine. Sometimes a negative effect will appear at first but your skin needs time to adjust to this new routine of being treated and the products being used.
11. If your skin is not responding after one month’s time try different products that will give you the desired results.
By following these simple skin care guidelines you will see noticeable results with minimal effort and time.
At Perfume Aromas, we carry a wide range of skin care products for all skin types. We also provide the best customer service for your online shopping experience. Visit our website today!